Ellington Public Schools Wellness Committee is a school-based program that promotes a healthy lifestyle. The Wellness Committee consists of a group of individuals who represent the school and community. We will promote clear and consistent messages that explain and reinforce healthy eating and physical activity habits and appropriate resources are provided to students, staff, administration, and parents.
The Wellness Committee shall encourage family involvement to support and promote healthy eating and physical activity habits.
- Avocados grow in pairs on trees and are the Aztec sign for love and fertility.
- Avocados contain twice as much potassium than bananas (987 mg VS 487 mg).
- Avocados are ripest when the outer skin is black and gives a little bit to pressure when touched with a finger.
- Avocados are traditionally used in guacamole but can be added to salads or used as a butter substitute in recipes.
- Avocados are an excellent source of heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fat.
The Nutrition in an Avacado.