We are getting close to our trip so the pace will be picking up. I just want to provide a quick heads up regarding important dates that are coming up:
- April 24 We will be sending home the forms and rules regarding medications. The main takeaways are:
- Students cannot carry any medications, Prescription or OTC, with the exception of their inhaler and Epi-Pen.
- A physician's order is required for everything that they take Prescription and OTC.
- This is Federal Law so we have no wiggle room and there are no exception.
- Everything from the Doctor and the pharmacy must be delivered to and picked up from EMS by an adult. Students cannot carry any medications.
- Everything must be here well in advance of the trip so that it can be organized for proper availability to your child . With the forms, we will provide due dates for everything.
- May 1st Final payment to DATTCO is due. Please let me know if you are having any issues with this or the website.
- May 8th I will be meeting with the kids every Wednesday from this point out to go over expectations, how to pack, and all of the nuts and bolts of making this a great experience for them. I will provide everyone with the itinerary and hotel information. While I publish an itinerary, quite often we make changes to it at the last minute and even on the fly. It will give you an idea of what our plans are.
- Early May We do a lot of walking, If you plan on sending your child with a new pair of shoes, now is the time to get them so they can be broken in for maximum comfort.
- May 10 Please let me know of any dietary restrictions for your child so that we have time to prepare them for the trip.
- May 24 The final day for your child to submit the required project to be included on the trip.
- May 31 through June 3, 2022 The Trip
As always, please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns
Steve Donovan Ed.D
Washington DC Trip Coordinator