Download and Archive Data
To download and archive your Drive data, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to Google, then go to Google Takeout at https://www.google.com/settings/takeout.
The Download your data page appears.
- Click the Profile icon in the top-right corner.
Your Account/Profile information appears.
- Verify that you are logged in with your Ellington email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If not, log out and repeat Step 1, ensuring that you log in using your Ellington email address.
- On the Download your data page – Make sure Drive is selected with a green-and-white check mark.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Next button.
The Download your data page refreshes to display the Customize download format section.
- Click the File type drop-down menu and select .zip.
- Click the Delivery method drop-down menu and select Send download link via email.
- Click the Create archive button.
Google begins archiving your data. Depending on how much data Google is archiving, it could take several hours for the archive to complete. Google will keep you updated during the process.
- After your data is archived, you will receive an email with the subject line ‘Your Google archive data is ready’ in your inbox. You can download or manage your archives from this email. Managing your archives allows you to access previous archives that you may have downloaded.
- Open the email and click the Download archive button.
Note: Your archive will only be available to download for one week from the time you archived it. If you do not download your archive within this time period, you will need to repeat Steps 1-9.
- Save your archived file on your local computer.
More information about the formats included in your archive can be found on Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024195.