- Who is eligible for kindergarten?
- How do I enroll my child(ren) in kindergarten?
- Where will my child attend school?
- When will families know which school their child(ren) will attend?
- Will transportation be provided for my child(ren)?
- How do I provide documentation for the district to verify age and residency for my kindergartener?
- Are there any other requirements for registration?
- What about mid-year enrollment?
The vast majority of kindergarteners will attend the school within their established zone which remain unchanged for many years.
However, per the School Zone Enrollment Policy, a small number of students may be assigned outside the established school zone. For further information, please examine the FAQs regarding the policy.
Notification of school assignment will take place in accordance with the schedule below.
Where do I go for residency and age verification?
Notification of School Assignment
March 1st - May 15th
Established zone school
Kindergarten Orientation - End of May
May 16th - June 30th
July 1st - August 15th
August 16th - Start of School
1-5 Business Days
Between March 1st and May 15th, age and residency verification for the following year will take place at the zone elementary school.
After May 15th or for registration in the current school year, age and residency verification will take place at the Central Office (47 Main Street).
Parents/guardians should bring the following documents:
Age Verification (either of the following)
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
Residency Verification (any of the following)
- Utility bill
- Mortgage statement
- Valid lease agreement
- Where do I enroll my student?
- How do I prove age and residency for my child?
- What forms do I need to fill out?
- How will elementary students be assigned to schools?
Please download the form at the link above to start the registration process.
For new students in grades 1-6, age and residency verification is completed at the district Central Office (47 Main Street).
For students in grades 7-8, age and residency verification takes place at Ellington Middle School. For students in 9-12, age and residency verification takes place at Ellington High School.