School Enrollment Policy
In September 2017, the Board of Education unanimously voted to approve Policy 5117 School Enrollment Zones.
School Enrollment Zones by Street (Zones remain unchanged and have not changed for over a decade.)
EPS’ Student Enrollment Prompts New Policy (Ellington Events Article – Winter 2018)
- Can you briefly describe the policy?
- Which families will be affected by this policy?
- If my family already has a child enrolled in an elementary school, could the sibling be assigned to a different elementary school?
- What are the factors which will determine student placement?
- Who will make the decision about which school a child attends?
- If the district assigns my student to a school outside my established zone, will transportation be provided?